Thursday 14 June 2012

Sun? What's that?

Well folks, it's a record here in the south east of England, 2 straight days of sun! In June you say? How odd. I agree. So let's make the most of said sun.

Yesterday I was locked up all day in wordpress training (yes it is time to jazz up the blog). So I was not about to miss out on today. I am working from home today so stuck in the office but dashed out for a 6k run on my lunch break.

Lately I have been keeping it clean and getting back into my exercise. I have been following a meal & exercise plan devised by a group of personal trainers (and bootcamp trainers as well). In case you are interested the group is here on FB. The group is 30 days of fat loss, no not a terrible nice name, but hey, if it works, then who cares. The exercises are good but tough and can be done any time and anywhere given about 30-40 minutes.

The meals are really great actually. I decided to join in after seeing the menus, and because it is also really reasonable priced. No I am not getting paid for this, either.

So last night I made chilli & garlic squid over a large spinach and avocado salad and it was extremely filling and delicious.

The premise is 30 breakfasts, lunches and dinners and 30 workouts and don't repeat any in the 30 days. Not all of the meals are for me as I don't eat lamb, and goats cheese (to me) tastes like licking a goats backside and is the very devil, however I can make substitutions that fit so it's all good.

So far I have loved everything I have made thankfully.

Breakfast yesterday was a coconut banana smoothie which was the bomb really! This morning's breakfast was homemade cashew nut muesli with a bit of almond milk, a spoonful of greek yogurt, and loads of blueberries and chopped strawberries. MMMMMM

Now that I am back from my run, I am off to make a courgette/zucchini omelette.

Tonight I have zumba, and then home for roast chicken, roast kale and coconut and sweet potato fries. Can't wait.

Here is another breakfast, homemade granola bar. Gluten free, filling and lovely.

Below is my lunch over the weekend, loaded with veggies and roasted chicken and a hardboiled egg. 1 ts rapeseed oil and a tiny bit of white balsamic. The other photo with sprinkles is homemade non-dairy ice cream. I will post the recipe (not diet plan related) tomorrow. It's loosely based on a Stuft Mama post. It's nice but an acquired taste.



Well that's about it, it took me 3 hours to write this and get it posted what with work and all!

Have a good day!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment