Saturday 16 June 2012

Awesome breakfast this morning!

Ok so it's STILL raining and I am getting a bit fed up and only want to eat bacon for breakfast. So I thought I would try something a bit different and decided on green pancakes.

After reading a post by Stuft Mama yesterday I decided to give it a try and boy were they tasty!! My recipe doesn't really follow her recipe but it IS green.

Green protein pancakes

6 T egg whites
3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 heaped tablespoon flax meal
1 small mashed banana
1 handful baby spinach
1/2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp maca powder

I first put the egg whites and spinach in a bowl an used the hand blender until they were well puréed. Then I just mixed in all other ingredients by hand.

This made two small (American style) pancakes. I served them with chopped strawberries and blueberries and topped the pancakes with 1 tsp sugar free strawberry jam and 1 heaped tsp of cashew butter. These babies were lush! So filling too!

Now off to finally organise my office!!

Have a good day!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment