Tuesday 29 May 2012

Intermittant Fasting?

Several days ago I posted that I am doing a virtual bootcamp called Fabulously Fit at Forty. The point of the plan is nutrition and short sharp workouts. It is supposed to look at how women around and over the age of 40 can shape up and how diet affects their bodies. While the entire plan advocates clean eating (albeit relatively low in carbs). Next weeks food plan advocates some fasting, which I am not sure about.

I have to say I am not overly impressed with the set up of this plan, no mention of preexisiting health conditions was raised, no poll to see if anyone was a vegetarian or had allergies or injuries etc. It seems like a half-hearted attempt for this trainer to test the program out on some people but hasn't really put alot of effort into the management of the group. We will see what happens.

I have had a look into intermittant fasting and can't really find any bad points to it, but I am still not convinced. I could never do an entire day's fasting due to some of the medication I take needing to be taken with food, and not having breakfast is out for me personally. Have you ever had experience with IF? Has it done you any good, has it really gotten rid of fat?

Other women will be doing the fasting on the plan, so I will be interested to see what they think and will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment