Friday 25 May 2012

Good purchases and bad

I have recently been doing up my office so that I have a proper working space for 2 reasons:
  1. I need a nice space of my own to study
  2. I will be working from home for a month while the Olympics are on due to the fact that my commute takes me right through Stratford station and the commute will be horrendous
So I have gotten a beautiful desk


I love it, it's chic, gorgeous and just the right size. Before ever the desk was decided upon I had seen a "must have" lamp on Ebay. I ordered it and it sat in a box unopened until 2 months later when I received the desk. I opened the lamp just after and thought, hmm, that's a bit bigger than imagined. I finally got the right light bulb for it today and put it on the desk and it's the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life! And of course having purchased it on Ebay, I can't send it back.


Ok you can try and humor me all you like, but DAMN! that's ugly. And the picture makes it look nicer than it actually looks in person! My husband is going to crack up when he gets home and sees this beast! I will have to pretend that I like it because he will rip me unmercilously for my addiction to buying things online instead of going out to the shops!

So, to counter my buyers remorse.....I have been looking for a new laptop for some time now and keep coming back to the Mac. I am getting more into my blog and photos and writing and finally took the plunge! Yup, in a week or so I will be the proud owner of this baby!


Awwwwww yeah! the Mac book pro baby! I can't wait. Fingers crossed it comes with any software at all, but knowing Mac, I will have to start from Scratch! off to find office for mac a reasonable price oh and to get out in the sun!

Have a good afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment