Thursday 3 May 2012

Argh, life keeps getting in they way!

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been 1 week since my last post. Well let's face it, as I have no followers, this blog really is like an online journal for me :-)

I have finally come to grips with the fact that I have an internal clock that really gets messed up if I repeatedly get up at 5:30am! I have been commuting to my office in London for 10 years now, getting up at 5:30, getting the 6:14 train in and getting to the office 1.5 hours later. Rinse and repeat for the journey home.

I have gone to the doctor periodically over the last 2 years being extremely tired and lacking energy only to be told that it is "lifestyle related!" What a bunch of BS I thought and carried on as normal, trying to change my diet, adding more exercise, and in the end no change. The end result was that I was still feeling awful, making starbucks incredibly profitable and needing to sleep in and needing naps at the weekends. I am sure the new branch of starbucks that opened up 1 minute from my office is down to my patronage.

I took a job with a charity a year ago that allows for more flexible working, ie working from home or flexible hours, and 4 months ago I finally decided to take them up on this what with cold weather setting in. I now get up most days at 7am (with a few exceptions here and there) and getting to work that bit later so that I have time to get up, have a cup of tea, eat breakfast, and get the train in both alert and dare I say it, perky!

So, what this means is my regular shipments from Nespresson have gone right down hill, I am not even on their preferential mailing list any more! I keep getting emails from Starbucks trying to make sure I am still alive. I think in the last month I have had 3 starbucks and only one of those was coffee and that was because they gave me a latte instead of a chai tea latte. This is big news for the girl that used to drink 1-2 skinny sugar free vanilla lattes a day! Well I have saved a heck of a lot of money as well

So, I have changed my sleeping patterns and now don't need to sleep in at the weekends and don't need naps or coffee to get through the day. I rarely even crave coffee any more. Once my starbucks card runs out, I won't be topping it up either.

Funny how a lack of sleep over an extended period really does affect your whole well being. I now feel so much better and even get up at 7 or 8 at the weekend as well. Now to get back on the diet and exercise bandwagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment