Tuesday 24 April 2012

Just saw the ark go by!

Well roughly 2 weeks ago we were told on the news that we were in drought conditions and that there was a hosepipe ban. Well, mother nature stepped in immediately and it has been raining pretty much every day since. So much so that my cats have been on an outdoor protest and only go out if forced to.

Evidence that second cat has come, made his mark and then run off to hide

We have declared bedtime at 9am!
Due to the heavy rain, I will not be out running unless it lets off a bit, so will either do my 30 day shred, or will try one of the Tone it up Beach Babe workouts today.

 
Forgot to upload friday's dinner! Homemade pizza with homemade dough, delish! I put passata on the dough, then covered with grated zucchini, 2 chopped slices of chorizo, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, black garlic and kalamata olives. Then added a couple of slices of mozerella, then baked until golden. Then topped with a big salad, and 1T sundried tomato pesto. Loverly!

The pizza dough I was sceptical about as it doesn't require yeast, but it was really really tasty. I used some golden ale in mine, and used spelt flour for my dough and plain flour for hubby as he doesn't really care for "health" food. I try to sneak veggies into his food but he busted me on the salad! He looks up mid bite and says did you grate zucchini in the salad? Ah, well I tried, and it was too late as he had already eaten it!

Anyway, on to a new week. This morning started with a TIU protein pancake. Today's version? Pumpkin pie. It was ok, not nearly as good as the banana one, but I have pumpkin puree to use up, so will put the rest of it in some healthy muffins. Meant to take a picture but was in mid conference call in the middle of it, so had to pass on the photo op! Just as well as it was a bit singed as I forgot about it as I was in front of my laptop resetting servers.

Mid morning snack, check! 2 spelt and chia crackers with low fat red pepper hummus and a mug of cinnamon spice tea. I am still really into my tea as it's still chilly for the time of year here, and as I mentioned, raining like a big dog out there!

Lunch will mostly be crustless quiche loaded with veggie and a bit of chia.


3 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup of lf cottage cheese, spinach, cherry toms, grated zucchini, seasoned with S&P and a sprinkle of smoked paprika (oh and 2 tsp of chia seeds).

Will let you know how the TIU work out goes later!
x
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment